As an internet retailer, we use a lot of packing materials.
It is the policy of Becky and Lolo to wherever possible re-use inbound packaging materials.
- All boxes which are of a suitable size and in a good enough condition are re-used.
- All internal packaging (bubble wrap, chips etc) of suitable condition is re-used
- External wrapping (bags, pallet wrap etc) of suitable condition are re-used for protective internal packaging.
Where we do not have suitable materials to re-use we will always try to use the most environmentally friendly packaging materials.
- We only buy biodegradable chips. These are made of corn starch and can be composted or dissolve in water. They can also be eaten, although we would not recommend this.
- Our newspaper offcuts which are used as internal packaging are made from 100% recycled material
- Our kraft paper which is used as internal packaging is made from 100% recycled material
- Our boxes are made from part recycled material (outside new material, inside recycled material)
- Our corrugated sheet is made from 100% recycled material.
Any inbound packaging materials which cannot be re-used are sorted and wherever possible recycled. We estimate that less than 5% of incoming packaging goes to landfill.